Thursday, March 21, 2013

No Thank You [English Adaptation Lyrics]

As we write our wishes down upon this white board
Dry erase marks seem to last through all our mistakes
Even though the bell signals that our time is over
It is here that proves that our dreams won’t erase

Let’s sing louder, Louder, LOUDER! Till our voices crack
Let the hope, you have, form words, upon your hopeful lips
Once these words, are said, out loud, we’ll never take them back
Because they are the words of our song

I say I don’t need memories of what I know
Because the present is the most that I’ll allow
To have a record of the years gone by, is something more mature
But I still can say… I don’t need that right now

Both my heart and notebook cry for songs I’ve yet to write
My hand shakes as I mark these fragile words, carefully
There is pain and pleasure found in breaking this silence
The way it reverberates is a mystery

Let’s fly higher, Higher, HIGHER! Till we all can see
How the dreams, we drew, are all, arrayed in front of me
Here we sing, our songs, to let, our childish words run free
Our brightly colored wings shine with light

I don’t need promises to say what I will do
Taking these words I said, I choose to see them through
Having to keep my word, to just save face. To limit what is true
Those old guarantees… I don’t need anymore

Though I don’t know when or where they’re heard
I feel these words here will remain strong
I hope they ring out eternally
So please listen to what I have to sing, our splendid song

Let’s sing more, and More, and MORE! Until our voices fail
Take these words, we shout, and know, the things they all entail
These ideals, proclaimed, right here, map out our common trail
Our meeting here is part of our bond

NO THANK YOU! My memories are things that can just fade away
Because it’s in the now where I’ll have my song play
To have your memories held close to you, encircle you and stay
Is just more mature… But I don’t need that now.

Original Song
Karaoke

No comments:

Post a Comment