Saturday, May 17, 2014

Yuukei Yesterday [English Adaptation Lyrics]

Bathed in the sunlight that poured down from the sky above
I was glaring at people who passed
I cut through early and late as I stood there to wait
Until you finally got here at last

I frown as if I were angry at everyone now
As I avoid the eyes that meet mine
“Good morning!” is what he said as he stands ahead
And I pass right by him and leave him far behind

If I thought about it, our eyes met just a bit
But nothing comes to my mind in response
But still I don’t understand why I can’t see his face
Without my heart beginning to race…

The sun I found shining above was brighter as I turned to face it
And the throbbing in my chest was something, but I couldn’t place it
And this feeling in my heart was gross but somehow that was still fine
What is it? This strange feeling that is mine?

If I am caught here by surprise, my face reveals my inner feelings
And by some odd mystery my voice sounds rather unappealing
I still don’t quite get this situation that I’m stuck in anew
‘Cause of that, I feel like a fool to you

Today our long yawns still go on as class still proceeds
Just the two of us sit in this room
I still am worried a bit about how this may look
As the radio plays some random tune

The me who stood up and sighed then was still unprepared
It was obvious what I had missed
The headphones I wore to fake my own deaf-state
Were never plugged in to anything at all

“If time can pass by, you’d still forget it, right?”
That’s the way that these things work, or at least I hope
But still I wonder why I still feel I should lie
I’m so angry my words within make me choke

Though you said “Convey everything through attitudes you want to display”
What I feel still makes me flustered and I have to lash out some way
And this feeling that continues is a problem even now
And it seems that I’m too weak-kneed somehow

“It seems like you are in a good mood” is what he says in his message
“No, I’m angry!” is what I say when I pinch his cheeks in outrage
It’s that thoughtful disposition that makes me retaliate then
And that’s how this “today” will end again

One more time I will face the sun and look upon his fragile brightness
Saying “Wait here for a bit” as I breathe in before this harsh test
Though my head is throbbing here, I feel like I’ve accomplished something
But it’s still not enough to fix this mess

I want to tell him how I feel as I run heedless of my footing
I don’t understand this feeling but my legs will keep me moving
And before the sun will set over another pointless “today”
Somehow I want to find the words to say

Really I want to tell him anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment