Thursday, May 1, 2014

Headphone Actor [English Adaptation Lyrics]

It was an average day without complaints
Without a single obstacle laid in my path
But I became bored listening to radios
As I heard this one voice say something that caught my ear
“It’s rather sad to say that I have to say this
But the world is going to end on this day for sure”
So said some president of a country I didn’t know
And any other source of news was something I couldn’t hear

Right then outside my room’s window, the birds flew in flocks
Congregating in flight to cover the blue sky
Covering up the moon that was in crescent form
They started to fly

I had a half-finished game where I didn’t save
A textbook I never used on my desk was laid
And to stop my body that started to shake then
I put on my headphones once again

As I was then listening to an indie song
That was unknown to me, I just sang along
And as it came to my ears, I heard it change style
“You want to live for a while?”

As this feeling waves out over the world
As buildings all seemed to tremble with that sound
The voice that had spoke to me was unmistakable
It sounded like a new “me” that I had found

“If you manage to cross that hill in an instant
You will see what I’m promising before it goes away”
“Don’t doubt the words that I say, it will all be okay
You will survive the end today”

The intersection I saw was packed with crowds
Be they Boy, Girl or Child, they were the same
I was buried beneath the mass of people all shouting loud

Amidst the riots there was a crying little girl
A priest was praying for all as I passed by
I was a single person running against crowds
Towards the hill that led up to the sky

And then the voice in the headphones reminded me then
“Only 12 minutes left” was said here once again
It felt like I had a deadline to make to survive
So I pushed people off to the side

Among that chorus of screams of indignation
I ran ahead with panicked tears, moving along
I still had my doubts, but I knew that no matter the case
This was the end of humanity’s last song

“Keep running, there’s only one minute left”
But at that point I wasn’t concerned with listening to them
The hill that I tried to climb towered within my gaze
As I started to run again

With heavy breaths I finally got to the top
Up at the wall I finally had a chance to stop
Behind it, a scientist clapped both their hands
“Magnificent” was all that they said, no more demands

From that place I could see every part of our town
It seemed to be a place for experimental lives
“It is no longer needed” was what she said
as she tossed a bomb down to the panicked streets
They said that I had been living a lie
A life that played out within a camera box
So I could only stare and watch without a word
As the town burned up to ash in a manner absurd
And from the headphones still placed over both my ears
I heard a “sorry” as all disappears

No comments:

Post a Comment