Sunday, September 15, 2013

Song of the Broken Youkai [English Adaptation Lyrics]

Out on the misty side of the lake, I heard a splashing sound by the shore
Before I knew it I chased after without a clue of what I looked for

“Where are you headed to with the waltz that marches mechanically?”
“Who are you, wandering so far outward without a purpose that I can see?”

I was ensnared, caught unprepared, held here in your blue eyes
There was no way that I could just run and escape it
It felt like I shattered and got put back together
And lost sight of who I was

Even by chance, this was our fate, something predetermined
There was no way I could change what would happen
I reached out and said what was on my mind
“I’ve fallen for a youkai”

Deep in the darker hours of the night
I heard the splashing sound once again
With our two hands tightly intertwined
I saw a dream that spilled from my mind

“What scares you? Why are you shaking as if you are fighting back fear?”
“Please tell me what is the matter and I’ll work to make it all disappear”

My blue hair waved, swept in the wind, as we both ran forward
“I won’t let us be apart any longer”
Everything was shattered and was rebuilt toward
Something that now felt stronger

Shown vividly, shine vibrantly, this feeling was burning
I couldn’t come close but still I could say it
I grasped both of your hands and confessed then
“I’ve fallen for a human”

Now it seems even the waltz we shared comes to a close, left behind
“Could you please completely forget me. Let even my name be lost to time”

I lost it all and my tears fall, returning to that place
But I still can’t turn back the clock to just replace
All of the strength I had that my wishes would allow
Something that I realized now

Even by chance, this was our fate, part of our existence
Our parting was sudden but still I can say this…
“Farewell to the times when I was still loved
By my beloved human friend!”
[Song of the broken youkai]

Even in this place with walls of white
Even as time passes without an end
As the clock ticks away out of sight

Nitori still recalls her [Candid Friend]

No comments:

Post a Comment