Saturday, May 17, 2014

Lost Time Memory [English Adaptation Lyrics]

Years may pass, but I still can see your shadow
And my feelings have gotten stronger, you know?
As I kneeled down, I had drawn out a photo of us

In the sun, we had walked alone together
The blurry figures ahead were our shadows
The summer heat met my eyes once again without fuss

“Don’t mind me” just leave me alone to myself, why don’t you?
I had brushed aside your warm hand
“No. I won’t let you go” you said as you
Reached again to try to understand
“Just be quiet” I had walked ahead before you
Without even a glance back
Where is your heart finally cracked?

If I’m wise, then I cannot face the future
I have no choice, so let me rot here
It would be nice if I could travel back and disappear

Years may pass, but I manage to keep living
I repeat words as if I believe them
But still I know that I can’t reach to you ever again

And so I say that it doesn’t matter, let me die slowly
As I hold my hand that is shaking
And it’s cause of my flaws that I feel like my heart is slowly breaking

If the summer can show what my dreams really mean then
Let me go back to when you were here
In those days when I was flustered, when you had mustered the
Words that showed me you were sincere

As I passed my 18th birthday
I found myself trapped in a strange way
I see the silhouettes that we cast blur and expand outward
Here beneath the sun that’s burning,
upon this world that keeps turning
“Let’s play again” was what I was sure I had heard

“I’m concerned” is what she had said to me there
As I lived out my days without care
I still can’t tell if your sadness is only pretend
In a daze, this day passes unaffected
As it keeps pace with what is expected
I still feel warmth in my hand that you held back then

I still see my old dream that can’t come true any longer
I will accept that you’re long gone
What I see as I sleep is a secret I keep
Because I know I can’t move on

“But that means that you can’t gaze out to tomorrow’s sunrise”
But I really don’t care about that
I had reached out with my hands again, with a different purpose then
As a way to cover my eyes

Only 18, but already tarnished
Today I prayed for my salvation
Because I clung to what I can remember of your smile that I saw then
Under suns that burn away at my skin
I ask for a way to erase that sin
And then I found my breath had stopped and chose to fade away

“Can you hear me now?” was what I had heard as I fell
The voice was lost, but I’m sure I could tell
I reached out then to warm my hands here once again

The young boy prayed under the hot sun
And stood up in the days that begun
The summer days that we all see will never change unless we will it
“I had died. I’m sorry about that”
Should we leave flowers where we once sat?
I don’t want you to say those sad things again, don’t leave me here
The silhouettes that we both saw on that day will never disappear

Original

No comments:

Post a Comment