Monday, August 5, 2013

Answer [English Adaptation Lyrics]

Though this time has kept on moving forward
I can’t help but notice I look toward
The way we were back then
And all we could have been

I once claimed that we would always go on
But alas the warmth I felt is now gone
It’s all faded away
The things that I was sure would stay

Though I can’t remember the time we were together
I know I was always right by your side
This pain that always stays as we go our separate ways
Is something I accept that I’ll never forget

We always would claim that if we were through we’d stay the same
We could continue talking as if nothing had changed
But we found in time that we had to leave those thoughts behind
Because as the clock turned we had lost that state of mind

And isn’t it sad when you look back at what we once had
I must say I miss it, the good times and the bad
I’d do it again, even though we know how it would end
Because I believe that it would be worth it then

But here we stand even now,
thinking words that we just can’t allow
Biting back the words that we cannot bear to say
Were things meant to end this way?

There’s nothing to say out loud anymore,
and talking has become a chore
I wonder if we could see,
but no it couldn’t be

In the end, despite what we’d say we’d do
We both changed, and searched for somebody new
For people who resembled you,
who could give me what I once knew

And as the tears pass by, I start to stop asking just why
Our story ended on the note it did
But still you cross my mind and I hope you think in kind
Because the things we shared still feel like they’re there

I believed back then that my heart had room for only one
I thought that one person was all I’d ever need
But over this time that has raced on by before my mind
I’ve found that I can trust people more than I believed

And though nothing’s changed and the two of us are still estranged
I still hold some faint hope that something can be arranged
I hold this hope strong, that we find some way to get along
Because in the end I believe we can still be friends

No comments:

Post a Comment