Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Natsu no Owari, Koi no Hajimari [English Adaptation Lyrics]

When we were out enjoying summer festivals, I summoned up my courage
just to speak to you
I wonder if it's because I'm not used to it, but my face suddenly turned red
What to do?

Just like the sparklers that set off into the sky, I felt a straining
buildup as time passed by
By holding back the feelings that occur to me, it build within me painfully
It seems like they could touch between us here and now
The distance between both our hands, the divide between me and you
What to do?

How much further is there to go?
I wonder if I really know how to get closer
I don't know your feelings too, and I'm afraid to really try
I don't know what I should do as this strange time just seems to pass us by

Fireworks now ascend and alight in balls of bright sparks
You laugh and say they're pretty, with that's lie that I love
As the colors reflected on the ground where we stood to watch
I couldn't help but wish again once more for you as you gazed at lights up above

I wonder if you comprehend what you have done
I wonder if you're having fun
Because that's all that matters to me within this night that I feel
has only begun
You make me concerned now, as I look upon your face
I feel like I might now cry, and my words won't come out too
What to do...

Even though I can't convey it now
I think being like this is fine, and even if we
Remain friends and nothing more because you are now concerned
I'm sure we'd smile all the same, and everything we had will be fine

The last firework goes off then, ending the light show
When you wave your hand in farewell, I suddenly felt that feeling inside grow
I felt lonely and couldn't take the distance anymore
Although I was hesitant, I chose to say these words I was looking for

With each and every day, over time together was extremely enjoyable in every way
But when I noticed it, it seemed too painful in many ways I couldn't say
My feelings and plans then piled on my burdened chest
I want to reach out to you, let my feelings do the rest

As a final firework went off I cried to you "wait up"
With a surprised look on your face, you turned round and came back to my side
At the end of this summer a single low stirred
Within this single word I say, I show what I would always hide
Right now I want to say to you, I have always been in love with you

And as I had expected you had smiled to me

Original Song

No comments:

Post a Comment