Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Once Upon a Me [English Adaptation Lyrics]

Please stay beside me and hang out because we get along
Please listen to what I now sing, this slightly gloomy song
The reflection that I now see in mirrors everyday
Resembles who I am no matter what anyone might say

It still was sad then, it really hurt when
No one would listen to me while I would be singing
And so I would be crying by the time my song would end
And my knees were my only friend

As these tears kept falling down my face and fell to the Earth,
I realized the value they all held and what they were worth.
As long as this feeling can reach someone who stands close to you
I’m sure they can feel that meaning here too

Right now I’m heading towards some unknown tomorrow
I hear some voices that I’m sure I already know
They say “I’ll see you then” as they wave hands to and fro
And wish me luck as I now turn and begin to go
As I now break into a run upon the hard asphalt
I made a promise that I could say again…
And so it’s “Bye Bye” to that person I was back then

Would you please stand by me and receive what I now have to give
Because it’s thanks to you that I am now more positive
“My fragile heart is twinkling here”
Wouldn’t you say that is how it would appear?

Did it seem sad then? Did it hurt back when
it was frustrating but Please don’t say you’re ignored
and no one listens to any advice from you?
Because I know that’s not true, my friend

Your tears falling down where no one sees have reached me here
I can tell that their cause will soon disappear
And everything will be alright even if we were to be apart
Because I can now see your heart

Even as you now head out into that tomorrow
I shouted these words at your back as you turned to go
“I believe you’ll surpass anything anyone could know”
“And I am sure your confidence will eventually grow”
I send this message out with my new sparkling heart
It’s running past you now so you can see
So say now “Goodbye to that one person I used to be”

Everybody listen to the song I sing to you
It’s sung as a way to thank you for all you’ve helped me through
To all the people who supported me way back when
I had felt like crying to myself alone back then

It was so sad then, I was so mad when
Things didn’t seem to work out and crumbled out of line.
But you still made me shine and this song became mine
And so then, it’s my turn this time

As you struggle to keep floating in the sea of doubt
I now reach with my arms to you to help you out
I can sing this magic song that’s titled “It’s alright”
And show you how the end’s in sight

Right now I’m headed onwards to tomorrow with you
As we move hand and hand past all the things that we knew
And even against the rough wind we’re pushing through
Are the voices cheering to confirm what we’ll do
Even if we were both crying there at that one place
Our smiles now erase them without a trace
We say now “Bye bye”, to both the people we can now replace

No comments:

Post a Comment