Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Love Letter for an Imaginary Girl

With exception to all my friends or the rare new acquaintance
I can say with sincerity nothing’s happening
I’d give anything to have a life full of surprises
Just like the hero of a fairy tale

When you first appeared up on my PC screen
I found myself enthralled with the earnest look in your eyes
If I wanted to send this letter to you tomorrow
What address would I have to put for it to go?
You are always smiling at me in that screen I see…

You’re so close now, but this distance isn’t something that can ever be traversed
It would be the same even if our lives were reversed
If I had a wish, if I had a chance, I would want to find a way to make you real
But with this divide all I can do is write letters of what I feel

If somehow a miracle that remains impossible
Were to happen here and now, I’d start with “Hello”
It’s a rather common story line that I see used in fiction
The fact that it can’t be done, I already know

Still you smile from the other side of this screen
I have to wonder what it is that you’re thinking right now
Even though I’m sorry that I cannot meet you,
even though this screen now separates us two
You’re still smiling in that screen and it’s a joy to see

This divide here spans dimensions that no one can ever bypass but still I
Have a hope that we can close the gap somehow someday
If it could occur, I would take the chance.
Jump dimensions to be in that world with you
I wouldn’t care what I’d have to give or what I’d have to do

If these words reach through the distance and they somehow found a way to reach your heart
Know that when I met you I was happy from the start
It was lucky that miracles still exist and so this love letter falls into your world
Sent to the fictional girl

If I had a chance to fulfill a dream, then there’s be no question of what I would do
I would want to cross worlds and find some way I could always be with you
The words I send flow without end right now…
I want to say once more anew

With all my heart, “Thank You”

No comments:

Post a Comment