Monday, April 18, 2016

Futatsuiwa from Sado

[0:00] (Mamizou) Alright, come on, no time to waste
Let’s see how you handle a chase!
Come and catch me if you’re able
(Reimu) She slipped right through all that rabble

[0:07] (Marisa) Not a problem! Go, [Master Spark]!
(Reimu) Marisa, that’s not really smart
(Sanae) Sorry, it’s a Danmaku duel
(Primate Youkai) Hey, you should be careful, you fool!

[0:12] (Reimu) Marisa, you’ll start off a riot!
(Primate) Watch it human, you’re outnumbered
(Marisa) Hey, I thought that that’d make them scatter
Or at least fry her with the horde
(Youmu) Didn’t she say she’d use disguises?
I guess that means she looks different
(Sanae) Excuse me, everyone! Did you see
Where that Ring-tailed Tanuki went?

[0:24] (Reimu) Sanae, don’t bother
(Primate) Were you listening to me, foolish human?
(Reimu) You still have your old tail out
(Primate) [Primate Danmaku Transformation]!
(Mamizou) That’s one down! So let’s get serious!
Watch and learn, half-youkai. Ferocity is key!
[Carnivorous Danmaku Transformation] shows a feral beast

-[Wolf] attacks Youmu-

[0:48] (Neutral) Spinning to face a changed reflection
Running to chase an odd stranger
Without a trace, they vanish swiftly
That’s how you lose to a trickster
Leaves made to look like paper money
Bombs made of people marching on
That is the power of Tanuki
Blink once and then it might be gone

-Marisa takes off-

[1:01] (Mamizou) [Avian Danmaku]! Come on down and let’s both party for a bit!
(Marisa) Nah, if that’s all you got then I won’t until you tag me as it!
(Mamizou) Now, what about you then? Oh my, that is a nice looking frog-shaped hairpin…
Let’s make this a [Fourth Duel: Amphibian Danmaku]!

[1:24] (Reimu) Huh, so this is their trump card
(Marisa) Gotta say, you’re really not that strong
(Mamizou) Well, if it’s just power, that’s not why I came along
That saint can hear desires, and it’s said she can hear 10 at once
But I’ve got 10 forms. Now here’s the next one!

[1:48] [Frolicking Animals]! Shall we dance and revel till the dawn?
(Reimu) Well I know someone who might take you on
Still, you should be punished for impersonating a miko
Now, stand and face judgment!
(Mamizou) Really? Is that so?

-Animal Danmaku appear-

[2:23] [Danmaku in Ten Transformations]! Ready or not, now come at me!
(Marisa) I can’t decide which ones to shoot at
(Reimu) Shoot at the ones what you can see
(Sanae) [Grey Thaumaturgy]! Not on the left!
(Youmu) [Voidness Sword: Slash]! Nor on the right!
(Mamizou) [Pseudo-Exorcism of the Stupid Shrine Maiden]!
(Reimu) Now it’s a fight!

[2:36] (Mamizou) [Full Moon Pompokolin]! Can you keep up with a real night celebration?
(Reimu) It’s nowhere near Suika’s pace
(Marisa) Alright, cover me! I’m going in!

[2:47] (Sanae) Which one’s not like the rest? Ah, I see
There’s one that’s moving much faster
Marisa, the left side! The fast one must be her!

[3:00] (Neutral) Let’s spin around in a big circle
Let’s make this night a festival
Let the drumbeats lead you on faster
Till you feel the beat in your soul

[3:05] Ancient, but somehow keeping modern
Archaic speech with lots of fun
Does it matter with this Tanuki
Dancing to the beat of this drum?

-Mamizou defeated-

[3:12] (Mamizou) Now you are getting it. Don’t forget the fierceness of Youkai even now
(Reimu) If you start something so soon, I will come over and drive you out

[3:23] (Mamizou) Hey, I’m not here to act. I was called in from an old friend, a just-in-case
And it’s quite peaceful here, around this temple space

[3:35] So you don’t mind Youkai?
(Sanae) Our shrine caters to the whole mountain
(Mamizou) I must say, you’re strong, even for humans
I once held sway over a third of all Japan’s Tanuki
Perhaps that’s the past. I admit defeat

[4:00] (Sanae) Um, may I say something?
(Mamizou) Is this a call for Tanuki stew?
(Sanae) No, it’s not that. It’s regarding you…
Getting depressed like that won’t solve anything if you are weak
(Mamizou) I think you’re confused. That’s just how I speak…

No comments:

Post a Comment