Thursday, May 16, 2013

Archive (5/16/13)


I have often turned to the past in the past
To see shades of who I have been
To recapture the essence of the person I was
When my own memories have worn thin

There’s a problem inherent with this form of search
Most records only go so far back
And of those there is doubt they’re worth the amount
Of effort needed to discern what they lack

This journal of mine only spans the time
Back to 2007 or so
And there are gaps in between with nothing to be seen
Though the reason for that I don’t know

The other source is electronic, but their content’s tectonic
I’m surprised that I made such a shift
My old tone was acerbic, sarcastic and detached
With moods limited from “bored” to “miffed”

My old emails and chats from the time in between
Show a transition from that cranky shell
The randomness entertained, the levity sustained
Has certainly benefited me well

I say the self and mask I wear today
Took form from those chats held on AIM
The games and the reminders to join Anime Club
Led to the changing of my name

I kinda miss those jokes and those talks
(I actually miss that school too)
But still we move on, past the things now long gone
In search of new things we find worthy to pursue

I leave these words here for my as-of-yet unseen self
Who may come across them again someday
Remember me who did see who we were and now are
Consider it, and be on your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment