Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Self-censorship

Consider all the words you never say
The words that you know that never come out to play
But even if you never say them, you know them anyway
Because a word once learned will forever stay

Some words I know will never find their way to print
Even if their use would be fresher than mint
Even if I use some words repetitively again once more
There are still some words and phrases I abhor

Some words appear too inelegant and crude
That the use of them is inherently rude
Though the abstaining from epithets may mark me as a prude
The taste of these verses remain a simple, staple food

To prevent a burn at every turn, I bar profanity
And anyway, the spice is nice with just insanity
These words of mine remain divine in taste I often savor
And thus I am content with my own flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment