Friday, March 4, 2016

A New Wind at the Shrine

[0:00] (Neutral) After a swift battle, Gensokyo returned to
Its semblance of normal for everyone
Conversing like always, the witch and the miko
Were both cut off by the other shrine maiden

[0:11] (Reimu) Miko’s house was so big and it was too shiny
(Marisa) Well I wonder how I can sneak in there-
Hey, is that Sanae?
(Reimu) Wonder what she wants now?
(Sanae) there you two are, finally! Did you guys hear?

[0:22] (Reimu) Nope, I can’t say I have
(Sanae) Myouren has made its move!
(Marisa) What, by that big ship? Well, that sounds cool
(Sanae) No, I mean something else! It’s against the Taoists!
(Reimu) Well, I guess that figures
(Marisa) Hey there Youmu

-Youmu falls out a gap-

[0:33] (Reimu) Byakuren is always helping out the Youkai
So what is she planning? A holy war?
(Sanae) Well, you see… that’s just it. They made countermeasures
They brought in a trump card
(Reimu) What the hell for?

[0:44] (Marisa) So, how’d you end up here?
(Youmu) Miss Yukari gapped me
After mistress told me something awful
The Youkai are now in an uproar because of
The divine spirits at Myouren Temple

[0:55] (Reimu) I already knew that
(Youmu) Oh, that is impressive
Mistress said something about “Thanksgiving”?
Were you all invited?
(Marisa) Oh, it sounds like we are!
(Sanae) shall we go together?
(Reimu) Well, I’m leaving

-Reimu, Marisa and Sanae exit. Gap opens-

[1:05] (Youmu) Wonder what I should do. Shall I go after them?
(Yukari) Just use the Force, Youmu! Go on, let go!
(Yuyuko) Youmu, bring back something from the Youkai party
(Youmu) I suppose I can swing by the temple

-Youmu exits-

[1:16] (Yukari) Still, it’s quite troublesome, updating the border
(Yuyuko) Oh, could it be that you admit defeat?
(Yukari) No, but it is vexing that someone else come through
And it’s a shapeshifter just like that Nue

[1:28] (Neutral) Meanwhile at the temple, the tension was mounting
Even all the fairies were excited
Anti-Youkai Taoists had started a movement
And a fearsome Youkai came to fight it

[1:38] (Kyouko) Welcome to the temple! How can I help you now?
Oh, our newest lodger? She is resting
Ah, you misunderstand. She is not here to fight
Violence is against the Dharma’s teachings

-nearby: Reimu enters. Sanae enters-

[1:50] (Sanae) Hang on, wait up for me! Huh, where is Marisa?
(Reimu) She flew off on her own, cackling something
Don’t know why she bothered. We’re going the same way
Hey, something the matter?
(Sanae) Huh? … It’s nothing
So then, what is the plan?
(Reimu) We’ll know when we get there
Is something the matter?
(Sanae) Tell me, Reimu
When did you grow a tail?
(Reimu?) Oh, I see you noticed
Well, I’ll see you later
(Sanae) Hey, who are you?!

-Reimu? leaves-

-Nearby: Marisa enters. Reimu enters-

[2:12] (Marisa) Looks like I lost Reimu. Now to go for the win!
So, I gotta ask ya, who are ya then?
(Reimu) Isn’t it more proper to introduce yourself?
(Marisa) I’m Hakurei Reimu, the shrine maiden!

(Reimu?) My, that is rather harsh, pinning it on your friend
(Marisa) Well, Reimu can take it. See ya later?
(Reimu?) So you saw right through me. What gave me away then?
(Marisa) Reimu always has her orbs around her

-Nearby: Reimu enters. Youmu enters.-

[2:34] (Youmu) Please wait for me, Reimu! Huh? Where is everyone?
(Reimu) Sanae fell behind, and Marisa-
(Youmu) Oh, she’s over that way
(Reimu) No. That’s not Marisa
Alright, hold it Youkai! Now, who are you?

[2:44] (Marisa?) I’m Hakurei Reimu!
(Youmu) … She sounds like Marisa
(Reimu) … Honestly, she might be an improvement
(Marisa?) So you four shall chase me? Well, I must say truly
That your efforts may give me amusement

[2:57] (Neutral) Someone who can shift shapes, the trump card of Youkai

What is it that made it to Gensokyo?

No comments:

Post a Comment