Friday, May 6, 2016

A Popular Location (2)

-near Myouren Temple-

[0:00] (Youkai) Listen up Kappa. I don’t like swindlers
(Nitori) Well, I guess that’s nice to know
(Youkai) You claimed that these cucumbers were fresh
But all of them taste old

[0:09] (Nitori) That’s too bad. They’re a delicacy
Cucumbers made Kappa-style!
(Youkai 2) Give it up. That stand does the same thing
And it’s been there a while

-Byakuren enters-

[0:17] (Byakuren) Is there something wrong? I heard a disturbance
(Youkai) Yeah, I’ve got a big complaint!
This Kappa claims that her stuff is fresh
But I know that they ain’t

[0:25] (Nitori) Hey, listen, I got a stand to run
Will you please get out of here?
(Youkai) Why you- Fine, I guess that you don’t get it
Screw this swindler!

[0:33] (Nitori) Don’t you love festivals? They really rake in dough
So, did you want to try it? Best in Gensokyo!

[0:41] (Byakuren) I’ve heard we’ve received complaints, but I didn’t expect this
Listen to me, everyone! Be more virtuous!

[0:49] (Youkai) Ain’t she that Myouren temple leader?
Do you know what’s up with her?
(Youkai 2) Maybe she’s gonna show it off! That thing! The Buddhist power!

[1:05] (Nitori) Well then, that got weird. Well, back to get suckers
Fresh cucumbers now on sale!
What’s the deal? Everybody’s leaving
Chasing after that monk’s trail

[1:12] (Byakuren) And so keep in mind the danger of your greed
And strive to enlightenment
What matters is your central concept
And what you represent

[1:21] (Youkai) You said that Youkai can learn to be immortal with Buddhism
So what do we have to do to be able to scare the humans?

[1:29] (Byakuren) No, you’re mistaken. The very first step is to avoid all violence
Cast away all simple desires
(Nitori) Well, listen to her

[1:36] Alright, now she’s like that one Yama
No way I will work this crowd
(Byakuren) Become more devout!

[1:44] (Nitori) Maybe the human village will work
Anyway, let’s pack it up
After that Yama’s lecture, I’ve had enough

-Nitori exits-

[1:53] (Byakuren) Somehow, this place feels empty
(Youkai) Hey, wait, where’s that Kappa thief?
(Byakuren) I hoped she would listen
And choose to turn over a leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment