Sunday, September 10, 2017

Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator (9)

[0:33] (Miko) Have at thee!
(Miko) Oh, this is quite a surprise. Tell me, who are you?
(Miko) I’m a hero of legend, the Prince Shoutoku
(Miko) Fascinating. You know, truth be told
That happens to be the same title I hold

[0:45] (Miko) It’s a strange place, this Gensokyo
But there’s still a proselyte that remains your foe
(Miko) No deception, bizarre or not
Will deter me from restoring hope!

[0:56] (Miko) By what power still unknown that you imitate me
Will not help you mimic the might and light of my
Sword and my own true self’s flawless technique!

(Miko) Not so fast!
You think that that’s good enough? Blindly rushing in
And expecting your infamy to hand you a win?
Just restore all the hope that was lost?
That is simple thinking and far beneath you!

[1:40] (Miko) Be as it may, there is no recourse
It is the divine mandate to rule with force
When the people need someone to lead
I can accept that it might be me

[1:52] (Miko) Isn’t that arrogance, hubris, false pride in your being?
(Miko) No, only wisdom. Now then, en guarde false one!
Bask in the light and you will soon agree
Your desires betray you for I cannot sense them
You are not my shadow. Have at thee!

-Miko disappears. Mamizou appears-

[2:32] (Mamizou) Well met my prince. I’m impressed
Introductions then? I’m the leader of the Tanuki, Mamizou
(Miko) The Tanuki? Well, that does make sense
Your desires do not match those in Gensokyo
Apologies for that rude display. I merely thought you
A phantom set in my path
I’m a hermit, passing on my way
Who was once the ruler of Japan

[2:55] (Mamizou) Well now, your demeanor’s not said to be this friendly
“Talking without hearing” is the most common one
(Miko) Well, your desires are much harder to see

[3:28] Your demeanor resembles someone that I met
Shall I tell you the story behind my vestments?
There was a man I met by a road
Who was a mystery long after his death

[3:39] (Mamizou) A mystery? Sounds like a neat trick
(Miko) It was no trick. This unmoved grave had no body
And the earth was undisturbed at all
(Mamizou) Sounds like he was just a Tanuki

[3:51] You see, a mystery means there is something you missed
You sent a servant to handle the burial
How did you know that the body exists?
Likewise with the village, it’s not a mystery

If you were to go to it now and see

No comments:

Post a Comment