Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Kappa of Akutagawa Ryuunosuke ~ Candid Friend

[0:02] (Nitori) Even if we fight now, we are friends

[0:09] Finally meeting a human now, it’s sad that your passage I can’t allow
Danger lies ahead, which you don’t know, so I cannot let you pass me and go
Challenge me and if you’re defeated, please turn back to where you are from
A human can’t survive what is up ahead. The threats are too great for anyone

[0:43] Please turn around, head to the ground. This mountain is home to the
Youkai that will protect it at any measure, so
Please fly away before you come to any harm. If you disagree
You will have to defeat me first then

[1:00] Here I now come, this duel’s begun under my [Optical Camo]
You cannot fight the unseen, just so you know
It’s for your sake that I will make any effort to convince you to leave
You two, please just listen to me

[1:16] Long ago I had some human friends, but now I shy from that time’s cruelty
“When I came round I had finally saw that I was surrounded, ‘Kappa ni tori’”
Even without my camouflage suit, I still have to stop you and make you quit
[Ooze Flooding]’s filling all in your view, so please turn away from this place, you two

[1:50] On to the next, you’ll be perplexed. Here’s [Kappa’s Pororoca]
See if you can endure the flood that charges now
[Spin Cephalic]! Ending this quick as my arm extends, bringing this to end
Flee from my watery charge, friend!

[2:07] I still assert humans are friends, but this battle’s for your own good
I am just trying to keep you from someone’s food
Even if you’re still curious, saying “stop” is an order for you
I will not let you continue

[2:26] It is my duty to block your way. You cannot ascend the mountain today
Some strange emergency’s started there, and rumors of new gods are everywhere
Listen up, I will not allow you to put yourself in danger’s path
And if I must, I’ll do anything I can. Prepare yourself for my tidal wrath!

[3:00] Caught in the rain, here comes the pain of my beloved [Water Sign]
[Kappa’s Great Illusionary Waterfall]!
Weaving aside, nowhere to hide. You should just give up, this had been enough
You shall not pass by this way, ‘kay?

[3:16] We are the ones who wield our tools, furthering our technology
As an engineer, I know I have the edge
Though I may not use magic well, I can make some things to help me manage
In any daily usage

[3:32] As an opponent, you’re really tough. I guess that’s the end of it. That’s enough
Go on ahead if you feel you must, but keep an eye out for others like us
-Reimu and Marisa leave-
-Other Kappa enter-
Everyone, let’s see how far they go. How they choose to tackle any new foe
Will the Shrine maiden succeed or fail? Will she and the witch manage to prevail?

[4:07] If that’s the case, if they both win, what will become of the balance of
Power upon this mountain top. Will it fall or
Will it just change? Just rearrange to put everything in doubt? Let’s all go find out.
Maybe this change will be alright

[4:23] In any case, we have to face that change is coming to
All of Gensokyo in time, and now it’s here
Will these new gods lead to the process of
Letting Gensokyo develop and grow?
Only in time will we know

No comments:

Post a Comment