Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Me, what I see, and an AMV (3/6/12)

Though depression and despair may be long friends of mine
Joy and exhilaration both serve as the same
Thus I know for each there is an opposite to find
A reversal and opposite in name

What’s important is to call upon one
When the other overwhelms your sight
Bring light into your darkest depths
Shade your view from a vista bright

These methods balance me, give me hold over my mind
What I feel is what I want, it’s just me
Meta manipulation a tool for manage myself
Control and coerce myself to who I’ll be

So in those days where I sulk and brood
What I need is a good kick in the rear
A self-assigned project to project my own self
For any out there to hear

In those days where I dash with energy unchecked
I need to focus on what looms above
Use that energy for a purpose, work toward a goal
Strive forward to do what I love

My poems and my vids, they play for both sides
They embolden and caution my mind
A freeing of ideas into the open world
Yet in a certain medium is where they bind.

No comments:

Post a Comment