Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hy...


Welcome back Hyperbole and a Half
Your presence has sorely been missed
You’ve long been held on a single front page
But my interest in you would persist

While the last joke you posted was comically dark
This one’s darkly amusing to me
The state of mind here is rather severe
That builds in intensity

I know that dark state that chooses to propagate
Into every aspect of one’s mind
I know that shallow despair that there’s nothing there
No illusion of living to find

I recognize that feeling that there isn’t any healing
Some odd cutting wound to your soul
I recognize clearly that all you held dearly
Does nothing to make you feel totally whole

The thing more curious about our ways and our means
Is a difference in goal, I believe
I chose to immerse, take comfort in reverse
While you sought a way to relieve

A devolvement into hysterics will do me no good
I have no qualms about wearing fake faces
To me reality is an illusion itself
That my whims and my will simply replaces

Once again after years, my browser must guess
Between two links with “Hy-”
One reaching for light, one resting in dark
Both moving on, by and by

So may you have luck in fixing yourself
Finding restoration, piece by piece
Myself? Well I am content with my words
And their forms that change till my thoughts cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment