Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Immolation

The way that inspiration burns takes many forms of flame
From the roaring conflagration to the candlelight so tame
But despite all their differences, their means remains the same
Their consumption of my mind and hand in ways I cannot name

There are the glowing embers that persist in times of doubt
There are the sparks and bursts of light that flash and flicker out
There are the tongues and torrents that burst forth with every gout
And there’s the uncontained inferno after times of drought

They burn, they blaze, they blister as they spin
They feed, they form, they fester here in my skin
They call to conflagration that can be heard through any din
They ignite in light instantly as I decide to begin

New ideas cause panic as I scramble to contain
New plans drive me manic as they bounce around my brain
New starts are fanatic in pursuits I can regain

My head is filled with static when it seems it can’t remain

No comments:

Post a Comment