Friday, June 28, 2013

Fireworks 2013

To see the active wide fairgrounds
To feel the sun o’er heard
Though night shant fall for many hours yet
The crowd continues to spread

Many stands and stalls stand to stall
Until the masses might hunger
For elephant ears, snowballs and toys
As they wait for one another

There are causes here who spread their word
These books three next to me
I took them to shield myself on this field
But I may read them someday, we shall see

Though winds blow weakly within these hills
And sun burns bright above
And I now sweat though it’s not an hour yet
But this heat will last will the sun’s set

-

Watching these people run and frolic and play
I can’t help but envy their drive
I’m sure they would weather any weather together
Just to prove to all they’re alive

And the church volunteers scattered all around
With bibles in hand to bequeath
Though I may object, they have my respect
To go that far for their own belief

The bubbles fly by, but to my touhou eye
I see only spread danmaku
The mayor has stated the weather has abated
But I’m not quite sure that’s true

-

I got some shaved ice, though it has shown that sink
It happens to all of its type, I think
The color fades down, leaving behind only white
And a lack of the flavor’s delight

I certainly hope the rain fear’s unfounded
Because with this note here, the problem’s compounded
Because I’m a being of paper and power
I don’t appreciate a light rain shower

The books would get soaked, the ink here would run
And I would certainly get wet
Overall a large dousing would hardly be fun
But at least it doesn’t look like rain yet

-

The sun has dimmed and faded down
Though only an hour has passed
The cause is the clouds that have crowded around
Darkening the field oh so fast

At the first sign of rain, I think I will scarper
And head back home where it’s dry
Though I would delight in seeing light at night
Fair weather seems in short supply

-

Though sprinkles and droplets often drop by
I’m surprised to say that I’m mostly dry
With my luck this shade shall pass
So we could enjoy this night on the grass

-
 
The time draws near, one more hour to go
I’ve amused myself by wandering to and fro
To see all to see and learn all to know

As the rate of time seems to slow













No comments:

Post a Comment