Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Autumn

The seasons change, the sky spins round, the leaves lose vibrant green
The air grows cold, the crop is sold, these words show where we've been
Farewell to summer's swelter state, hello to nostalgic breeze
The Aki sisters come to play as we stay out with ease
Recall the things you've done so far, this year held in review
Then look toward what lies ahead before years start anew

This season holds so many things in store, with holidays evenly spread
A feast of old, ghost stories told, a festival of the dead
And I will soon head to a con, the one I've been waiting for
Youmacon 2013, an event that I adore
A break in schedule, something unmatched by anything I come across
And among friends who know my ways, I can allow myself to be lost

Recall it all, the soul of fall, the change that lies complete
Where life turns brown until the ground is clear beneath your feet
Right now life sleeps until it meets the spring that springs anew
So look around at what you've found and see what you can do

Look at the stars that lie so far as you feel the evening chill
Gaze outward to the sky so blue until you've had your fill
Take note of all that lies around as skies darken in the night
And see the auburn majesty that comes with daybreak's light

To me the Autumn's coming shows how all the seasons Fall
And come again, just like they've been, without a care at all
It's a little death that gives to life and starts it once again
Without the constant renewal, how would we see change then?

So see how things start with an end, and end up starting bright
See how the fade makes a new shade that colors all the light
Though Autumn  glows less vibrantly than Spring that brings life forth
I like the breeze around my knees, writing here from up north.

No comments:

Post a Comment