Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cataloguing

Take all the memories in your heart
Lay them out upon this page
Arrange them in rows, until the page shows
How things moved on, stage by stage

This line right here holds those school memories
How we walked and talked every day
This line right here holds the way that we lived
When we managed in our crazy way

These lines hold the record that we were both fools
Who could find joy in pursuing our arts
This line holds the memory that we were in love
That we were both rarely apart

This is the note mentioning that we had our flaws
Your shyness and my stiff reserve
This note simply notes that we also had strengths
Our shared passion of all things absurd

This verse marks the time that we spent in leisure
Finding fantasy and future every day
The plans that we made, though they came to fade
Were perfect back then in a way

Though time has passed on, and that state is gone
And two years have gone by by now
There still is a light in the things that we had
That I always hold tight somehow

This arrangement is laid into neat tidy rows
And now I can see them clearly
This work is my past, but my future's yet come
These memories are part of me

What comes next is odd, something yet to be found
But still I chase it with all haste
For if I were staggered, if I gave into doubt
The ground lost to me would be a waste

No comments:

Post a Comment