Saturday, June 18, 2016

Akutagawa’s Ryuunosuke’s “Kappa” (3)

[0:07] (Nitori) Kawashiro Trading Company!
The finest of Kappa Technology!
I guess the Tengu rumors were true
The humans are all acting lazy too

[0:21] Special Sale! Some carved wooden masks because you guys should look lively!
No takers? I guess this place is a bust
Come on, all you guys are killing me

[0:35] We stock all things like cucumbers and standard issue arm sets!
Classis masks for festivals! Come and get them!
You! Masked Youkai! What will you buy?
Our wares are not a joke
There is something that you want, I hope

[0:49] (Kokoro) A mask of hope? So you found it?
I’ve been looking for it!
So it was right here all along? Give it to me!
(Nitori) Hey, not so fast. You gotta pay money for all my goodies
This stall is not a charity, see?

[1:03] (Kokoro) That person’s scary
(Nitori) Hey, your face changed
(Kokoro) But I need my mask of hope back, don’t I?
(Nitori) Your face keeps changing. It’s kinda neat
(Kokoro) Hey, wait a second. Isn’t that mask mine?

[1:17] And if that’s the case, then can’t I kill her and take it?
And that means that I don’t have to be scared!

[1:24] (Nitori) You can try it. I guess you’re an old-fashioned Youkai
But a Kappa vendor is not small fry!

[1:31] (Kokoro) [Angry Mask: Angry Wolf]
(Nitori) So those are not just for fun
[Great War Beneath the River]! Not good enough!
(Kokoro) I’m getting back my mask of hope! [Possession Sign: Four Humors]!
(Nitori) Well, this customer’s real tough

[1:44] Hands off the wares! You asked for it! Eat a [Photon Torpedo]!
(Kokoro) I won’t rest until you give me back my mask!
(Nitori) No bartering! Prices are set and all sales are final!
[Water Bomb Giant Swing]! Think fast!

[1:59] I’m kinda surprised everyone’s calm
I guess that a human would stay away
…Isn’t this the part when Marisa
Would dive bomb me and say “Not this one, ze!”?

[2:12] (Kokoro) My Hope Mask! I want it, so give it here!
(Nitori) Only with money up front
(Kokoro) I searched so long, and finally I found it
(Nitori) What is she doing with that lion?

[2:27] Ah? That’s not good. My stall is wood
Hey, cut that out right this instant!
Even the crow Tengu aren’t this persistent
(Kokoro) Ah! It’s burning! Give it to me!
(Nitori) I’m not falling for that trick
Go, [Kappa: Spin the Cephalic]!

[2:40] (Kokoro) It flew away
(Nitori) Someone should pay
(Kokoro) My mask! Is it still in here?
(Nitori) Crap. That lion is dangerous. I should retreat
(Kokoro) Why are these all plain wooden masks?
Where is my mask of hope then?
Wait, did that one mask seller leave?

[2:54] (Nitori) I need another stand that’s not wood
And another plan for some cheaper goods
A weaponized mask sounds like it’d be cool
No customer will play me for a fool

[3:22] (Kokoro) It’s not in here. Then where is it?
My Mask of Hope is lost!
I have to find it soon at any cost!
I know I lost it around here. Where could it have gone so soon?
Where was I yesterday afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment