Sunday, September 10, 2017

Akutagawa’s Ryuunosuke’s “Kappa” ~ Candid Friend (8)

[0:07] (Nitori) Profits from Myouren are going down
Did something happen to those two monks now?
Maybe I should switch my wagers to
Someone representing another group

[0:21] (Miko) Oh, what’s this? It seems rather popular
You there! The Kappa Youngster!
Why have these Youkai gathered around here?
Are they observing someone?

[0:35] (Nitori) Where have you been? Of course they are
They’re watching out for a duel
Do you live under a rock? Wait, who are you?
(Miko) I’m the strongest leader around. That must make it clear to you
(Nitori) Sorry, but I don’t have a clue

[0:49] (Miko) Ah, now I see. A test of strength
A shame that it is futile
If might makes right in Gensokyo, then I shall win
(Nitori) Yeah, still don’t know who you are now
Anyway, a new wager
Myouren seems like it’s going down

[1:03] (Miko) Perhaps a demonstration of sorts
Is needed to heed my strength properly
Kappa! Who appears to lead right now?
I’ll fight them to show my supremacy

[1:31] (Nitori) Honestly, the Myouren’s were
But both of them went missing
And everyone keeps bothering me, since I fought them
(Miko) Ah, then I’ll start by fighting you
If you’re truly confident
(Nitori) You stink. I’ll make this a quick duel

[1:46] You smell just like a Tanuki
No, it’s something even worse
I think that you need a good bath. [Water Bomb Swing]!
(Miko) Inelegant. Senseless force can’t
Make the people bow to you
Now let’s see then. What shall I do?

[2:26] Even a wave won’t stop me
[Benign Rainbow the Shining One]
(Nitori) Well at least you smell better now. Seriously
Even ignoring the corpse smell, someone you know really stinks
My eyes still can’t stop watering

[2:54] (Miko) The Kappa youngster has retreated
To make light of Taoist rites so crassly…
(Nitori) My bets are placed, so let’s get to work

And find somewhere people aren’t so stinky

No comments:

Post a Comment