Monday, October 24, 2011

And so it begins…


To all my friends from Albion (5/3/11)
The end of the year has quickly approached
Our assurance of time and opportunity encroached
The subject of separation hesitantly broached
And the future uncertain to all

For me, this is the last of my time as a colleague
The end of my Briton days
Though in truth this means little to my everyday life
I am quite stubbornly set in my ways

The (Brief) return of movie night (4/14/11)
An idea abandoned long ago
A gathering to which none came
Has risen anew for the end of this age
A return to that glorious stage

In reflection (5/3/11)
The jokes we’ve made together stand
Our whimsical gifts, what we did demand
The occurrences of life, the parties we planned
Will fade away in time

Yet their existences remain
Permanent making or possibly stain
A note for my forgetful brain
That they exist in rhyme

Yeah, I REALLY didn’t feel like studying for finals that night (5/3/11)
The gift of company is one best shared
Be it given in terms spontaneous or prepared
The attentions of all by one thing ensnared
A fellowship of figments abound

Naught needed but a variety of people
Together under one roof, be it house or steeple
The simplicity of wonder will always astound
The glory of image and sound

So revel in the chaos that ensues
We it made with many, or simply with two
Treasure what you make and what you do
Understand what you have found

No comments:

Post a Comment