Monday, October 24, 2011

Series Yearless


For the strange entries made early in the journal that don't have a year

Prison Inherent (3/18/xx)
Send your dreams from out this world
To dance among the stars
Even as your hope unfurled
Banging on the bars

You are trapped in a cell, that is true
Our people built the best
Your plan of egress is up to you
You need to pass this test

Climb out through the window high?
Tunnel through the floor?
Bend the bars, or moan and sigh?
Walk through the open door?

For this cell’s not permanently confined
You just need the key
Use it to unlock your mind
Find out what you can be

Destruction Impulse (3/18/xx)
Indeed my soul has shattered through
Indeed my mind is split
One half prepared to help and heal
The other prepared to hit

Shadows overtaking
Falling to the floor
I know if they consume me
I will be no more

As shadow overtakes me
I twist and shift in fear
Their master appears before me
I know the end is near

Begone! You wasteful demon!
Leave my soul and mind!
From henceforth, I swear to you!
I’ll have nothing from your kind!

Precipice of Fate (3/18/xx)
This question shows my fate
This question is the choice
Although my nerves will not abate
My future, this will hoist

One single word is all I need
To send me to or fro
Single words that you should heed
The power of “yes” and “no”
I’m balanced on the edge
This will be hit or miss
One foot placed in heaven
The other in the abyss

The choice is really another’s
Of which way I will fall
Those simple little words
Determine fate for all

No comments:

Post a Comment