Monday, October 24, 2011

Series Core (September 08)


Opposites (9/17/08)
So what do you see
On the sides of the coin
(Between you and me
I see where they join)

[Heads]
The Pious, the Pure
The plane within Pride
Only pity for lies
Is that warm glow inside

[Tails]
Facedown on the ground
Is the cause of the fight
You do what you must
So what you do is right

[Flip]
So which is the best?
Whether you pick Heads or Tails
Regardless of the rest
Without one, the other fails

Masks (9/17/08)
Praytell, what is that masquerade?
The face upon a face
The masking sight of your façade
An illusion you embrace

The face we see may be truth or lies
But the truth of the lie still stands
To show who you are, to show what you feel
You must break it with your own hands.

13 12 07 19 18 13 20 (9/17/08)
Can you figure out the code now?
Can you piece together the clues?
No matter that you say, it’ll never go your way
‘less you step in other’s shoes

Symbols, Letters or Numbers
Are so different, yet all the same
While one can list the other, and others spell one
They’re both used in this game

Az or Za can both be used
As twins, they’re both the same
One points to the other, and the other points back
Switching sides throughout this game

Well, I hope you had fun, I hope you enjoy
The thought that this puzzle brings
For now, this is done, but remember, I’m coy
This puzzle’s nothing, a test of things

Lament of Thirds (9/23/08)
I may lack gold to write my words
(I may lack meter too)
But as I write, I think in thirds
Now this I ask of you

Perchance now you can tell me
When the themes, the dreams, the style
Are unleashed, unceased, upon the world
For I have waited a while

The second issue of this note
Is one that’s based on name
For all these lines, for all I’ve wrote
Under anonymity? Or under fame?

Now if one had wished to join your ranks
How would it come to be?
Cause for me a story is worth its glory
So interested, that is me

That’s all I’ve got to say right now
All from this time and place
Oh, one more thing, one more point to say
“I lack a dreamy look on my face!”

I thought that was it
I guess I’ll go do that now
See you all online

Othello (9/29/08)
What glow exists within the shade
What darkness hides in the light
Here a game of Othello has been played
When flipped, black turns to white

Moral conflict, now we tip the scales
Flip wrong to right to wrong
A coin lands up, there’s a banshee’s wail
It lands down, now siren’s song

Light and dark, two strings, now intertwined
Twirling, whirling, tied nice and strong
White on black, contrasting, they bind
Wrong to right, and right to wrong

One cannot exist without the other
As opposites, they have what we lack
Can you pick up the string without touching it’s brother
Pick up white without touching black?

Twilight Vista (9/29/08)
A blinding light pains, brings harm to one’s sight
Cool darkness can soothe one’s tired eyes
Light’s unnatural, it’s forced, it’s made to be bright
Dark’s straightforward, cycle made when one dies

The one causes the other, which causes the first
Energy in use, to that that’s unseen
A void or a vortex, you choose what is worse
In or out, or maybe between

Yet in the end, you see them both
Stars dotting the pitch black sky
Day breaks upon night, night falls upon day
Defining themselves, by and by.

Palette Paradigm (9/29/08)
Why is it white is said to be good?
While black is said to be bad?
Thoughts of light are those of which we should
Those of dark, which we shan’t have

What caused this selfish paradigm?
Benjamin Franklin’s folly here?
Why is it that my fickle rhyme?
Cuts reason like a spear?

I’ve asked, I’ve inquired, I’ve sought out the truth
Between men’s great naming and lies
No reason, no rhyme can tell me this time
Why the light is so bright to my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment