Monday, October 24, 2011

Series Core (February 2011)


Reboot… it has been 2 years, 4 months and 1 week since last entry (2/27/11)
Well here I am again (again)
I can see a pattern now
I give up, move on, find something new
But permanent abandonment I won’t allow

So I’ll pick up my poems (This is, what? The 5th time?)
Brush off the dust that has set
Pick up pencil’s graphite and sort it in rhyme
My own quota will be met

In the past I have reflected ‘pon laborious things
I wanted to sort light from dark
I wanted to sort the world into sides
And upon me, each would mark

Else I would give up and consign each side to a pot
Turn up the heat, and let it all melt
To consume that concoction was what I believed
A way for each truth to be felt

So what makes this foray different from those come before?
(And the one’s before that, before that?)
I’d say that it’s age, but yet I’m no sage…
Maybe a view that it won’t end like that
That end with a drop of a hat

By the way, I feel that it’s necessary to state
That the hat here means motivation
Though at length I would say that it dropped anyway
Through a drying of inspiration

But enough of the past, let’s see what’s ahead
(Though that technically means look above)
How will what you read differ from what you’ve read
How does the egg differ from the dove?

(By the way, I apologize to any students out there)
(Who must read between the lines of my lines)
(The egg is the start, and the dove is the end)
(And the comparison is one of all kinds)

Certainly not in species, and I mean in form
A bird is a bird is a bird
My rhyme scheme’s unchanged, it’s just as deranged
Some parts always match word for word!

I guess I would say that my purpose has changed
I don’t write as a way to record
My thoughts over fate and the sides that we take
Or even because I am bored

I write ‘cause I feel not to write will kill
The errant thought floating inside
(Inside my head, or inside the world?) Still…
This concept should not hide

Within an ether, undefined, unannounced
Only to oblivion will it consign
Itself as a form that had no form, had no shape
No structure, or name to align
itself to! Ok, now I’m through
with these verses that flow without end.
I do tend to ramble through unending amble
But that’s who I am, my friend

Before oblivion (Or is it all?): Reflections withinout sleep (2/27/11)
How I wish there was dictation to record my fixation
Of creating a piece within peace
Thus it always occurs that my best line occurs
Before sleep, thus it smothers like fleece

Then before you would know (it), my mind starts to show
Of baffling with all or naught
All the things in my head, all the things thought and said
Hit me at once, except the verse I forgot

And I curse myself for not writing it down then
But the light’s bright, and I’m trying to rest
BO:RWS, are you much like your brother?
If I wrote him, who’d be best?

/b for me (2/27/11)
One thing I’d like to do (and to me, this is new)
Is to write not on what I have planned
But to write what I see, and what occurs to me
Anything I want to, on demand

I could write about classes, about books, about shows
I could reflect their points and their style
In a manner oblique, far better than prose
In a way that will last quite a while

In a way it all fits that the diary’s the receptacle
(remind me to look up that word later on)
Because my thoughts go here in an amusing spectacle
Recorded perspectives of times long gone

In a way this is my biography, my tale
Of who and how I am today
And tomorrow and yesterday, then without fail
This part of me’s here to stay!

It’s Sea-nut Smothered Belly Rhyme! (2/27/11)
You know what, screw a topic, let’s random right now
Elephant! Wait, isn’t that Inception?
A good film for sure, but I disliked how
It was made from a different conception

Paprika’s a spice, and I agree that it’s nice
But my first thought tied to the word
Is of butterflies and the life within dreams
And the march of that that’s absurd

Course Inception Guy’s fine for a parody vid
Where dreams and randomness interchange
And I’m glad RT shorts can do many skits
That provide for such a great range

But back on topic, the one absent today
If you’re not here, please raise your hand
Roll call is now, don’t ask me how
This topic, no one understands

My motivation is against, not for anything
Rip van Winkle can just step aside
And Chemistry’s cold, and Gender has gone
Along just for the ride

“Lazy Sunday” I call it, it happens every week
I typically get nothing done
Then in a rush and a flash, I madly dash
To the end of a race I have won

I guess I can say that I’m quite bored today
Isn’t my rambling sad?
I’ve wasted your time, it’s a poet’s crime
Wouldn’t you agree, aren’t I mad?

(Here’s an afterthought of course, given as a course)
(Though I’m not sure if it’s second or third)
(These are whispers to you, (With more puns through and through))
(Though MY truth is every word)
(… isn’t that just absurd?)

Summary of Day 1 (2/27/11)
So poetry is not lost to me
I still can craft a rhyme
It comes to me in verse, you see?
Unfettered by passing time

I think a personal goal is due
A poem a day, at least
I’ll try and vow this to be true
Indulge in my creative feast

I hope when you are reading this
My future self, who I’ll be
That we stayed true to our resolve
That I stayed true to me

Pachi Pachi Pachi Nanodesu (2/28/11)
Congrats to me for writing a poem
I know I wouldn’t fail on day one
(Granted it’s 11:52, and the day’s almost through)
Still, late poem is better than none

I was going to write something else today
But I was summarily distracted
My attention did fray from a burnout today
So my initiative was quickly redacted

So back to old things I abandoned yesterday
Topics of my source of thought
Why is it that my inspiration peters out
Why verses refuse to be caught

A good craftsman is said to never blame his tools
But that’s made with an assumption in mind
That the tool serves its purpose, the intent that is felt
When the user responds in kind

In the case of my poems, the tool is the mind
And the craftsmen are hands that roam free
But the mind often wanders, as it spacily ponders
Almost anything that it will see

And not only sight, my own hearing’s not right
Flooding me with note after note
And thus music’s the bane of my poetry hand
As melodies erase what I’ve wrote

It’s a matter of location in respect to my mind
Music lets me travel outside
A conjured illusion, a crafted delusion
Under sound, no rule I abide

But poetry lies within like an unaddressed sin
It reflects an inner status of thought
So to look either inside or outside again
Is a dilemma between which I am caught

No comments:

Post a Comment