Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Higan Retour ~ Riverside View (9)

[0:00] (Neutral) At the shrine of the dead, the red-white miko searched on
Around the place she flew, flowers bloomed around
But she cared not for the rare sight of Higanbana
She came to trace the souls that others had found

[0:18] (Reimu) Why can’t this be easy? Alright Youkai, come out now!
I know that someone’s here, just fooling around

[0:28] (Komachi) What are you saying? I’ll have you know that I work right here
Babbling on in this graveyard… Do you have no fear?

[0:40] (Reimu) What is this place? Graveyards don’t have this many spirits
(Komachi) There aren’t graves here, per se
(Reimu) At this point, it looks more like will ’o wisps in the river
(Komachi) That is the Sanzu, okay?

[1:05] (Reimu) Oh, so I guess you’re the shinigami?
(Komachi) Yeah, you’re right. That’s me
(Reimu) So, if I beat you, I go to heaven?
(Komachi) Wait now, come again?

[1:23] (Reimu) Well I heard that if one can beat shinigami that arrive
They go to heaven as a celestial
(Komachi) Hey, wait a minute! That’s not why I am here right now
And that’s not my job, I only ferry souls!

[1:42] (Reimu) That’s convenient. So what’s a ferryman doing here?
(Komachi) A warning is you’re rushing to your death. The fee’s steep, so fear

[1:54] (Reimu) I’m not crossing, and I don’t have any way to pay
(Komachi) You will have to here someday
And you can’t get by with such paltry shrine offerings
(Reimu) Shut up! And- … oh, by the way

[2:29] Who are you? I don’t think I’ve seen you here before?
(Komachi) I’m the guide of the sanzu, Onozuka no Komachi
Say, do you want to sail in the Sanzu’s Titanic?
A cruise of rare luxury!

[2:45] (Reimu) Who would take that deal? And anyway, I still can’t pay
(Komachi) 10% off, a once-in-a-lifetime deal right now!
(Reimu) Whatever, I’m here to investigate these odd spirits
And I feel like you’re involved with this somehow

[3:04] (Komachi) H-huh? What do you mean?
What would these ghosts have to do with me?
(Reimu) … Aren’t you supposed to ferry all of them?
Miss Shinigami?

[3:15] Don’t tell me this is because you have been slacking off?
(Komachi) But I don’t know where to go
(Reimu) What do you mean? You go to the shore there, of course
Get them out of Gensokyo!

-Eiki arrives-
[3:41] (Komachi) Well, you say that, but it’s not easy
moving souls around
This was easier when we were still here
Working underground

-Eiki is checking the mirror-
[3:58] (Reimu) No excuses, stop slacking off!
Your job is important!
People are counting on you to fix this mess

[4:09] (Eiki) Well it seems I’ve come back to quite a comic scene
The irony is amusing, I confess

[4:18] (Reimu) Ok, who are you?
(Komachi) Ah, Miss Eiki!! I’m going to work
(Reimu) So, I assume you’re this lazy one’s boss?
I’ve got a complaint

[4:30] (Eiki) I imagine you have several waiting at your shrine
But first I’d like a quick word
(Komachi) Oh jeez, here she goes. You’ll probably want to listen close
Her wrath is just too absurd

[4:55] (Eiki) “No excuses, stop slacking off!” is now appropriate
“People are counting on you”, but you haven’t acted just yet
It seems like you know exactly what you should now do
But still you slack off here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment