Friday, February 13, 2015

The Primal Scene of Japan the Girl Watched

[0:12] (Marisa) Looks like that’s the place there (Reimu) I hope they are prepared (Marisa) Hey, this place is a nice shrine
Maybe you should think of copying their format or at least their design

[0:26] (Sanae) Who’s that? Oh, you’ve come here to join with us then?
I thought I’d wait a few days before I visited you again
And you brought a new recruit? This is really the best news
We’ll get the faith without issues!

[0:51] (Marisa) Um, yeah. So, who are you? (Sanae) I am the Shrine Maiden, Sanae
(Marisa) Huh, and here I thought “Shrine Maiden” was a job that Reimu had made

[1:04] (Reimu) Sorry to disappoint, but you should understand that we’re not here to join you
(Marisa) Seriously, we all thought that the job was made up. What does a “Shrine Maiden” do?
(Sanae) I don’t think I get it. So what brings you two here? How can I help you today?
(Reimu) It would help all of us if you could pack this up. Take your shrine and go away

[1:29] (Marisa) Hey, the Tengu said all this just appeared one day...
(Sanae) We moved our shrine from Outside along with our sacred lake
(Reimu) You moved the whole lake as well? That’s pretty flashy to do
(Sanae) Once we set everything up, we’ll come see you

[1:55] (Reimu) No way, I came all the way up here to shut you down today
(Sanae) Why would you do that? We need this shrine running to gather up our faith

[2:09] (Reimu) Yeah, that’s the problem! You guys are newcomers and you’re messing with the wild gods
(Sanae) Yes, that is our goal, we plan to consolidate all faith in the Moriya Shrine
It will help Gensokyo avoid confusion and we won’t lose our miracles
(Reimu) And I’m telling you I’ll fix it with my power! The way things are now are fine!

[2:35] (Sanae) So, that’s your plan? I don’t think I really understand
Well then, what about you? You don’t look like a pilgrim to me
(Marisa) I’m just a magician, a hero from the foot of the mountain, obviously
-girls are arguing-

[3:13] (Sanae) How do you plan to fight? Someone might get hurt here
(Marisa) Oh, we fight with spellcard rules
You make a pattern out of magic bullets and shoot each other in a duel

[3:26] (Reimu) Hey, wait! Don’t tell her that, we can chase her off!
(Marisa) That won’t be too fair, and you made all the rules yourself anyway
Oh, and there are these spellcards. They’re a special attack
(Sanae) Oh! It’s just like a computer game!

[3:51] (Marisa) Oh? Yeah, it’s like that! Just like that space invader game
Well, not exactly. But the general idea is really the same

[4:04] (Reimu) What in the world are you two talking about?(Marisa) It’s all that stuff from Kourindou
(Sanae) But I’m surprised you know about computers. Do they exist in Gensokyo?
(Marisa) No, ours come from outside, but they die really fast so I can’t use them often
(Sanae) If you are having a battery problem, then why don’t you just plug them in?

[4:29] (Marisa) Plug in? What’s that? (Sanae) You know, into the outlet
(Marisa) Well I don’t think that one of those has fallen over just yet
(Sanae) No, I mean into- oh, wait. You don’t have power, do you?
(Marisa) Oh, we’ve got lots in our Danmaku!

[4:54] (Reimu) And, back to the point. I’d like to meet with your goddess
(Sanae) Huh? Why meet with her? (Reimu) To beat her up to prove that I still am the best!
(Marisa) Whoa there, Ice Fairy. I thought a shrine maiden was supposed to kiss up to the gods
(Sanae) If that’s your plan, then I’ll stop you two here and now. You will see me demonstrate
How a shrine maiden can become a goddess. I’m Sanae, the wind priestess
Descendent of a long line of shrine maidens who all became gods incarnate!

[5:34] (Marisa) Huh, it’s uneven. It would take a miracle for you to win
(Sanae) It’s not as bad as you think, and you two are on the lesser side
So let me show you how faith favors the devout. Miracles really happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment