Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The other Oni? (Kasen’s fan-theme: Rumble Temple)

[0:02] (Kasen) I heard this arm was left behind
But this is all that I would find?
How can you claim to run a shrine?
Perhaps I should come by sometimes

[0:13] (Marisa) Maybe she’ll teach us how to extend our lifespan
And she’ll drive off Youkai! That’s a nice perfect plan
(Kasen) If that’s what you think, sorry, you are mistaken
But I will give advice on being human

[0:36] (Reimu) No way, you’d just make the shrine stink with your sermons
(Neutral) This was how Kasen’s visits had finally begun
The one-armed horned hermit tells of those that she meets
While hinting at all the secrets that she keeps

[0:50] (Kasan) We should just do away with the geyser
All of the sulfurous gas poses danger
And there is something else as well
I want to cut off Old Hell

[1:02] You did what? Let go of that gold right now!
Those are formed from the wants of bad spirits
There’s a ton of heavy metals mixed in it

[1:13] (Komachi) I confirmed what you said. Those are vengeful spirits
But you should hold back on your actions, just a bit
(Kasen) Geez, that’s quite troublesome. That is all that I need
And I thought fixing this had to be a good deed

[1:36] (Kasen) Hey, what do you mean when you say ”A Dam Project”?
(Marisa) It’s something that the kappa have started to build
(Sanae) It’s something that we’ve seen out in the outside world
And it’ll make power once it’s filled!

[1:50] (Kasen) Ah, well I see now what they have planned
Considering them, it won’t get out of hand
So you are now after an artificial lake,
So your shrine can gather even more faith?

[2:00] (Suwako) Well that was the original idea, but you can see it’s not gonna happen now
I guess we will scrap the project. We’ll do somehow

[2:13] (Kasen) You’ve been dripping with worldly sin!
How can you claim to be a shrine maiden?
Alright, we’re going to my dojo
There are things you should know

[2:23] (Komachi) Well, kudos to your expert instruction, hermit
But you know that all that was pointless, right?
I expect she will try hard for a little bit
But her desires were already light

[2:47] (Suika) Ha! I found ya here, finally!
I heard you were back when I saw Yuugi
But if you’re hiding now as a hermit
I better not interfere
When you’re done, we had better go share a drink again
And we’d better go and get Yuugi then
We’d both been missing you, you know?
But you’re hiding though…

Timetable
(LN: I was contemplating doing this after SA so it would make sense canonically, and that was the next time Suika's going to show up, but I had another fan-theme to put there. So, I decided to add this here. It sounds more like a fighting theme than a shooter theme anyway. Main sources referenced are chapters 1-5 and chapter 17 of Wild and Horned Hermit)

No comments:

Post a Comment